Everest Base Camp
Follow the footsteps of Hillary and Tenzing to the Greatest Mountain in the world! The ultimate challenge of Everest Base Camp Trek offers breathtaking mountain panoramas. Similarly, if you like to walk, this is one of the most inspiring places in the world to do it.
Highlights of the Trip
- Sightseeing in the World Heritage Sites: Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath Stupa
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Get acquainted with the mountain people in the heart of Himalayas
- Visiting the Tengboche Monastery
- Remarkable views of the Khumbu Icefall
- Climbing Kala Patthar at the elevation of 5,555 m
- Everest Base Camp and walking on the Khumbu glacier
- The world’s highest Mt Everest
Our standard Everest Base Camp Trek is a great introductory lodge trek that offers sensational mountain views and an insight into the lives of the Sherpa people. Furthermore, after exploring the temples, shrines, bazaars and restaurants of Kathmandu, we take an exciting mountain flight to Lukla and trek up the Dudh Kosi Valley, surrounded by the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, capital of the Kumbu Sherpas, where we are again greeted by spectacular mountain vistas. A rest day here aids acclimatization and there are great optional walks to enjoy the area. We then follow the trail to famous Tengboche, located high on a ridge where a magnificent 360-degree panorama awaits. The views of Everest, Lhotse-Nuptse Wall, Ama Dablam and Kantega dominate this peaceful and spiritual location – surely one of the most tranquil and inspiring places in the world.
- Duration Max Altitude-5,555m/18225 ft
- Trip Level-Strenuous
- Activity-Sightseeing & High Altitude Trekking
- Trek Starting Point- Kathmandu
- Trek Ending Point-Kathmandu
While passing Buddhist monasteries, views of Everest get closer every day. This stunning trek visits Everest Base Camp (5,365 m), which is a premier goal for many adventurous walkers in the Himalayas, and Kala Patthar (5,555 m), a viewpoint recognised as the best vantage point to see Mount Everest. After trekking to the Base Camp and Kala Patthar, we return at our leisurely pace back to Namche and Lukla for our return flight to Kathmandu.